What Should I Know Before I Contact A Bail Agent?
There is certain information that a Gabriel Bail Bond agent will need in order to help you:
- Where is the person in custody? (Make sure that you ask the person in custody where they are located including the city, state, and the name of jail).
- What is the full name and booking number of person in jail?
The bail agent will need this information in order to contact the jail. The bail agent can get the booking number for you if you forgot or if it was not available.
- How much is the bail? The Gabriel Bail Bond agent will get this information when they contact the jail if you do not have it. With the bail amount, the bail bondsman can tell you the amount it will cost to post a bond and requirements to get the person out of jail.
How Do I Get A Bail Bond?
There are four ways in which a person may be released from custody.
- You can use a bondsman.
- You can post cash for the full amount of the bond with the court or jail.
- You can use real property (such as a home or a lot) with the court.
- And lastly the judge can decide to let the defendant go on their own recognizance.
Do I Get My Money Back After The Case Is Over?
There are a few exceptions to this but you do not get your premium back that you paid to the bonding office. This fee is what allowed the defendant to get out of jail and is fully earned once the defendant is out of custody. For example if the defendant gets rearrested a week later you get no portion nor a refund of any money. If the bondsman fails to live up to his end of the contract then and only then you may be entitled to a refund of some kind.
What If I Think The Defendant Is Not Going To Show Up For Court After I Have Posted The Bond?
There are remedies that can be done here as well, contact the bondsmen as soon as possible so that they can discuss your option in full detail with you. Contact Gabriel Bail Bond immediately if you have concerns. We can provide immediate resolution to your concerns.
Can The Defendant Leave The State Or The Country While On Bond?
You will have to get permission from the bonding office in writing before attempting to do so. If the court has given you direct instructions not to leave the state or country you must then get permission from the bail agent and the court before leaving. Otherwise you are subject to arrest.
What Do Bondsmen Accept As Collateral?
Each bonding office will have their own standards but for the most part you can expect them to accept various forms of bail collateral. Some example of collateral include:
- Real estate
- Credit cards
What Happens If The Defendant Gets Re-Arrested While Out On Bond?
Once the defendant is back in custody the bond can be surrendered and your liability will be terminated. There are a few problems here: if you decided to surrender the bond you will lose the premium that was paid, and if you decided to get the defendant out on bond again, you will now have to post two new bonds and pay the premium on both bonds again.
Gabriel Bail Bond is conveniently located near the Bexar County Jail in San Antonio TX. We provide fast and affordable bail bonding services. Payment plans for your bail bond are available under certain conditions. We are ready and available to post bail on a moment’s notice once a bail bond is approved. Our bail agents are licensed by the State of Texas and considered fast, friendly, and professional by our clients. Call Gabriel Bail Bond if you are arrested in San Antonio, TX at (210) 225-0300. We are on call 24/7.